2009 was definitely a year for movies, with 7 making the list of top 50 highest-grossing films. What I personally notices were a lot of really good comedies. Here are the top 5 funnies movies I saw in 2009:
5. The Proposal-I was really surprised by this movie. Going in to it, I wasn’t really expecting too much other than a predictably average rom com and a few delicious moments with a nearly naked Ryan Reynolds, and in some ways that’s exactly what I got. However, it wasn’t too cheesy and had several laugh-out-loud moments, particularly one featuring a rapping Sandra Bullock with the amazing Betty White.
4. (500) Days of Summer-This is the most refreshing movie I’ve seen in a long time. Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt worked wonderfully off of each other. Until this movie, I never knew trips to IKEA could be so funny, cute, and entertaining.
3. Adventureland-A movie set in the late 80’s about a group of young adults working in an amusement park. This small movie had an amazing cast (Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Ryan Reynolds, Kristen Wiig, and Bill Hader) and an amazing script that full of those laugh-out-loud moments, especially one featuring pot cookies.
2. The Hangover-This was one of the biggest movies of the summer and probably would be number 1 on a lot of people’s lists. It even won the Golden Globe for best comedy. One really wild bachelor party featuring a drunken wedding, a tiger, and Mike Tyson made for almost the funniest movie of the year, in my opinion.
1. It’s Complicated- I’ll admit that I only went to see this movie because it’s preview featured a one second clip of John Krasinski, but this movie left me hunched over in the movie theatre trying to keep it together. Alec Baldwin, Meryl Streep, and Steve Martin were all very funny, and John Krasinski definitely didn’t disappoint. Scene after scene, this movie delivered, earning it a place in my number one spot.