Mary J. Bilge was born in Bronx, NY. She is known as the R&B queen. Mary has a style and voice combination of R&B and rap but together. Mary was founded at a local mall where she song Anita Barker’s, Caught Up in the Rapture into a karaoke machine. Lucky her stepfather got her tape and sent it to Uptown Records CEO Andre Harrell. Harrell was impressed with Mary’s voice so he signed her. She song backup for acts such as Father MC. Later on, Sean “Puffy Combs” took Mary under his label and begin working with her to her debut album What’s the 411. Most of her albums are inspired by her bad habits and bad influences in life experiences. Throughout her career her albums have matured in numerous ways, she has grown each day and has learned to love herself as well. She is a tremendous artist who encourages women to love their self first. Mary has launch ten albums including her latest album is Stronger with Each Tear.
March 16, 2010
Mary J. Blige Empowering Women
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 at 10:59 am and posted in Music. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Comments are disabled.
- CMJ Year-End Charts 2016: Radio 200 December 6, 2016Rank Peak Weeks ARTIST & TITLE LABEL 1 1 14 ANGEL OLSEN MY WOMAN Jagjaguwar 2 1 19 PARQUET COURTS Human Performance Rough Trade 3 1 25 RADIOHEAD A Moon Shaped Pool XL 4 1 18 DAVID BOWIE Blackstar Columbia 5 1 19 ANIMAL COLLECTIVE Painting With Domino 6 1 22 BLOOD ORANGE Freetown Sound […] The post CMJ Year-End Charts 2016: Radio 200 appeared first on CMJ […]
- CMJ Year-End Charts 2016: Hip-Hop December 6, 2016Rank Peak Weeks ARTIST & TITLE LABEL 1 1 14 DE LA SOUL And The Anonymous Nobody A.O.I. 2 1 22 AESOP ROCK The Impossible Kid Rhymesayers 3 1 9 DANNY BROWN Atrocity Exhibition Warp 4 1 21 LITTLE SHALIMAR Rubble Kings: The Album Self-Released 5 1 26 KAYTRANADA 99.90% XL 6 1 16 KOOLEY […] The post CMJ Year-End Charts 2016: Hip-Hop appeared first on CMJ.
- CMJ Year-End Charts 2016: Loud Rock December 6, 2016Rank Peak Weeks ARTIST & TITLE LABEL 1 1 17 GOJIRA Magma Roadrunner 2 1 12 MEGADETH Dystopia UME 3 1 18 BARONESS Purple Abraxan Hymns 4 1 11 ANTHRAX For All Kings Megaforce 5 1 13 AMON AMARTH Jomsviking Metal Blade 6 1 10 BLACK CROWN INITIATE Selves We Cannot Forgive eOne 7 1 […] The post CMJ Year-End Charts 2016: Loud Rock appeared first on CMJ.
- CMJ Year-End Charts 2016: Radio 200 December 6, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.